The juiciest, most flavorful turkey meatballs ever! The ricotta makes them super moist and all the fresh herbs and garlic bring so much flavor to the table. Can we also mention my fav ingredient: almond flour? Seeya later carbs and hello to this filling delicious meatball. Serve it with a salad, serve it on top of zucchini noodles or indulge and get into a little spaghetti meatball action. Either way, enjoy!
2 lbs. ground turkey
1 Cup Ricotta
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 Cup Almond Flour
3 Garlic cloves, minced
3 Tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
3 Tablespoons fresh Basil, chopped
1 Tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 Jars of your favorite marinara sauce
Extra Parmesan for the top
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients except the marinara sauce. Stir well.
- Form medium/large size meatballs (about 2-3 Tablespoons in size)
- On a large foil lined baking sheet (2) place meatballs and bake for 20 minutes at 375
- Remove the meatballs from oven. In a large oven proof skillet (such as a cast iron) pour marinara sauce so it coats a 1 inch layer on the skillet. Arrange meatballs into the skillet on top of the marinara. Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan shreds on top and place back in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add more Parmesan if desired and garnish with basil. Serve and enjoy!