This oh-so flavorful side dish pairs well with everything from steak to polenta. Braising in the red one gives these little mushrooms a deep, rich taste that packs a punch for the taste buds.
16-24 oz Baby bella mushrooms (or similiar varietal), cleaned and ends trimmed
4 Tablespoons butter (sub vegan butter for vegan/vegetarian)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Cup Dry red wine
1/2 Cup Beef broth (sub vegetable for vegan/vegetarian)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme, minced (plus more for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425
- In an oven safe skillet (12 inch cast iron used) saute the garlic and butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant, not browned.
- Add wine and stock. Add mushrooms and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a single, even layer in the skillet.
- Transfer skillet to the oven at 425 for 30 minutes, turning the mushrooms halfway through.
- Remove mushrooms from oven, toss again. Garnish with fresh Thyme and serve.