The very first bite of this fork and knife avo toast was absolutely insane…in a good way. I’m sold, hummus and avocado make a magnificent avo toast recipe! Put this one on your weekend line up…you won’t be disappointed!
1 ripe avocado, large dice
bunch of cilantro
Sourdough bread slice (or any crusty, hearty bread), toasted
1 Tablespoon “Everything but the bagel seasoning”
1 Egg, poached
Ingredients for Pretty Pink Hummus:
1 (15.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
6 beets and 3 Tablespoons beet juice from 1 (15 oz.) can small whole beets (I’m a fan of the Libby’s brand)
1/4 Cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, rough chop
3 Tablespoons Tahini
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Make hummus: In a food processor add all ingredients, blend well, add more olive oil as needed. Add more beet juice to achieve the color pink you wish!
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 Tablespoons of distilled vinegar to the water. Once the water boils turn the heat down to low. With a large spoon circle the inside of the pot a few times to create a swirl vortex. Carefully crack and egg and slowly drop it into the water. Once the egg is done, about 3 minutes, se a slotted spoon to remove and lay onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Large dice 1 ripe avocado. Set aside in a bowl.
- Assemble your avocado toast: Top your toasted bread slice with the hummus, then the diced avocado. Squeeze 1 Tablespoon of lemon over top. Sprinkle with “everything but the bagel seasoning” and 1 Tablespoon of torn cilantro. Gently place your poached egg on top and sprinkle with a little more torn cilantro. Serve immediately!