4-5 Medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1 inch wedges
2 Tablespoon oil
1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Ingredients for Crema:
1 Cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons cilantro, minced (plus extra for garnish)
3 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice ~juice from 2 small limes
1/8 teaspoon salt
4-6 Tablespoons water
- Make the crema. Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and whisk. Add tablespoons of water to thin the crema to a liquid consistency.
2. Set aside crema and work on potatoes. Scrub the potatoes and cut into 1 inch wedges. Toss wedges with 2 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
3. Arrange wedges skin side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure all the wedges are in an even single layer.
4. Bake the wedges for 35 minutes at 450. After 35 minutes if the tops look like they need to be more golden and crisp spray the top with cooking spray and broil on high, on the top rack for 1-2 minutes-watching closely so they don’t burn.
5. Arrange wedges on a plate and drizzle with crema. Top with minced cilantro for garnish. Serve immediately.
One thought on “Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Cilantro Lime Crema”