Yes! It’s grilling season. Fast, flavorful and fancy, these pesto grilled shrimp hit the 3 F’s. (lol). Great for a laid back fam dinner on the deck or served on a fancy platter with a drizzle of pesto to impress your guests, these are great either way! Put this dinner together in under 15 min! Enjoy.
1 lb. extra jumbo shrimp (~20 shrimp), peeled and de-veined
5 wooden or metal skewers
salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 Cups roughly chopped/torn basil
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 Cup parmesan, shredded or grated
1/2 Cup olive oil
- Make the pesto: In a food processor add: salt, red pepper flakes, basil, parmesan, and garlic. Pulse the mixture while drizzling in olive oil to bring to a liquid, sauce-like consistency. Set aside the mixture.
2. In a bowl add the shrimp with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Skewer the shrimp onto the wooden skewer, fitting 4 shrimp to each skewer
4. Grill shrimp on medium-high, 1 – 1.5 minutes each side or until pink and just cooked through
5. Remove from grill, arrange on a platter and drizzle with pesto mixture and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.