There are two things that make this salmon perfection: the overnight marinade and the squeeze of orange right at the end. The deep orange flavor with ginger undertones makes this salmon perfect served warm for dinner along with greens and a veggie or great cold on a salad the next day. Enjoy it both ways!
2 lb Atlantic Salmon (Wild is OK)
1/3 Cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 1.5 oranges, sub orange juice if necessary)
1/3 Cup low-sodium soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1.5 Teaspoons brown sugar
1 orange, cut in wedges (to squeeze on top)
- Cut salmon into 3 inch portions (this makes for even cooking)
- In a large zip lock bag add all of the ingredients for your marinade: soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, garlic and brown sugar.
- Add the salmon pieces to the bag, store in fridge to marinate for 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Place salmon (discard marinade in the bag) onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until the internal temp reaches 145.
- Serve the salmon immediately with a squeeze of fresh orange over the top. Optional: garnish with orange slice.