What I love about London Broil is not only how cheap (usually under $7 lb!) but how lean and tender this piece of meat can be. I can feed a crowd or have enough steak leftover for salads the next day for under $15. That’s a win in my book.
2 lbs. London Broil
Ingredients for Marinade:
1 Cup soy sauce
1 Cup orange juice (fresh if possible)
2 Tablespoons oil
salt & pepper
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- In a large zip lock bag add all the ingredients for the marinade except the salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Salt and Pepper both sides of the London Broil. (I’ve found that by seasoning my protein before adding it to a marinade I add just the right amount of season)
- Add the London Broil to the marinade and refrigerate for 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove London Broil from refrigerator and allow to sit on counter for 1 hour prior to grilling. (By letting the steak come to room temperature it allows for even cooking time)
- Heat grill to medium high. Remove steak from marinade and grill both sides, around 10 minutes each or until the internal temp reaches 145.
- Remove steaks from grill and cover loosely with tin foil for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!