With the warmer weather I’m craving simple, healthier dishes (paired with a crisp white wine!) This dish is easy on the pocket book but packs on the flavor and leaves you feeling oh-so satisfied. Extra plus-the kids loved it too (the chicken, not the salad of course). Try it with a Chardonnay and enjoy my friends!
1 1/2 Cups All purpose Flour
2 1/2 Cups Panko plain bread crumbs
1 heaping Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
1 Teaspoon of salt and pepper
1/2 Teaspoon of oregano, garlic powder
Extra salt and pepper to season chicken
3 chicken breasts, sliced in half long-wise
3 large eggs, mixed
5 Cups mixed greens
4-6 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 Cup shaved Parmesan (optional)
Ingredients for the Lemon Vinaigrette:
1/4 Cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/3 Cup canola oil (or other light oil)
1/2 Teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- Make the vinaigrette: In a mason jar combine all vinaigrette ingredients and shake well. Set aside
- Set up your breading station. In 3 separate bowls add your flour, scrambled eggs, and Panko bread crumbs
- To the flour: add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- To the Panko: add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and oregano. Also, 1 heaping Tablespoon of fresh parsley (optional: red pepper flakes for a bit of spice!)
5. Slice your chicken in half long-wise. Starting with one of the breasts lay flat on a cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap and with a meat mallet or pan, lightly pound the chicken to flatten and thin out. About 1/4 inch thick
6. Season each side of your chicken with salt and pepper (It’s important to season with each step)
7. Using a fork pick up the chicken on it’s edge and dip into the flour, coating both sides. Then dip in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Finally, move to the Panko and coat both sides. You may need to use your fingertips here to press the breading onto the chicken
8. In a large pan heat 2 Tablespoons of butter and 2 Tablespoons of Oil on medium-high. Add chicken but do not overcrowd the pan.
9. Cook each side about 3 minutes or until brown and crispy. Then flip and cook the other side.
10. Depending on how much oil is left in your pan you may need to add another 2 Tablespoons of butter and oil.
11. Once both sides are brown and crispy move to a paper towel lined plate.
12. In a large bowl combine greens and enough salad dressing to *lightly* coat the greens (you may have extra dressing)
13. Arrange the Crispy chicken cutlet onto a plate. Dress with greens on top and add shaved Parmesan (optional). Enjoy!