These little grab-n-go yogurt parfaits are a perfect portable treat or make ahead snack. Build the layers ahead of time, seal and throw in the fridge. When you’re ready pop those bad boys open and top them with whatever you fancy. Or, better yet, throw them on your brunch buffet with multiple topping choices that your guests can pick from (how cute!)
*This recipe makes 5 half pints (8 oz.) and 5 quarter pints (4 oz.). Great for 5 adults and 5 children (or small snack sizes!)
Mason Jars (pick the sizes you want or have on hand. For this recipe I used half pint quilted and quarter pint quilted mason jars. Or any good air tight container will do!)
2 32 oz. tubs of Full Fat Greek Yogurt (Feel free to sub non-fat, flavored, or regular yogurt here)
1 32 oz. bag of frozen mixed berries (or 5 cups)
1 Cup sugar
Toppings such as: granola, unsweetened coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, nuts, etc.
- In a saucepan, combine the frozen berries and 1 C sugar and bring to a light boil. While constantly stirring, about 3-5 minutes, turn the heat to simmer/low. Simmer the sauce, uncovered, for about 40 minutes. You want the berries and sugar to melt together to have a smooth fluid consistency with a slight thickness. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While your berry sauce is working wash and dry your mason jars (get that glass sparkling clean so your trifle shines through!)
- Once the berry sauce has cooled you can start your layers. Here’s where you can put your spin on it: layer how you like! For this recipe I started with a nice 1/2 layer of Greek yogurt on the bottom followed by the berry sauce layer then another yogurt layer and so on. I make sure when layering the berry sauce to focus on the edges first, that is what you will see when you look at the outside of the jar.
- Leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top to allow for your toppings
- Seal the jars and throw them in the fridge until you are ready to use. (*TIP – for grab-n-go option apply your topping directly before you go or bag separately and apply when you reach your destination)